The Emergency Services Program provides direct and preventative services to meet the needs of low income individuals and/or families including: utility and rental arrearage payments, intervention, and information and referral. The program uses resources from FEMA, Community Service Block Grant (CSBG), and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).
Saginaw County CAC offers emergency assistance in crisis situations including:
- Consumer bills and utility shut-oils
- First month's rent, or deposit, if the applicant has been evicted, displaced, or is living in a homeless shelter.
- Rental arrearages—When rent is past due and someone is facing eviction, we assist in helping to pay the amount necessary paid to let someone stay in their home for at least 30 more days
- Propane/Deliverable Fuel
- Referrals for Food or other household items
Eligibility criteria are:
- Income at, or below, guideline (applicable guideline depends upon funding).
CLICK HERE to see lower guideline.
CLICK HERE to see higher guideline.
Call or email contact below to determine which is currently applicable.
To apply for service, bring:
- Picture ID
- Proof of income (90 days)
- Proof of emergency—shutoff notice, judgment, etc.
- Social security cards of household
- Decision notice from the Department of Human Services (to get one, complete state emergency relief application at Department of Human Services, 411 E. Genesee, Saginaw, Ml 48601)
For further information or assistance, call 989-753-7741 ext. 216 or
CLICK HERE to email Emergency Services