Dream Catchers for Life (DCFL) provides participants with case management to identify, target, and address unmet needs. We provide support services, referrals, advocacy and any follow up necessary to remove the difficulties families face in being able to move forward. The case management support provided enables families to work on living without the assistance of governmental programs.
DCFL offers a six-week Job Readiness class to assist in preparing participants for successful job searching and the obtaining of a job. The Job Readiness class consists of Employment Training, Computer Technology, Money Management, and Parenting Skills. A 30-day work experience is provided for those participants that have not had a recent connection to the workforce.
DCFL offers GED Prep Classes for those participants who were unable to graduate from high school and need help in preparing to take the GED test.
Basic Skills Literacy is available to those that may have already obtained a high school diploma but still lack in the necessary basic skills.
Eligibility criteria are:
- Income at, or below, the applicable percentage of the federal poverty guideline. CLICK HERE to see the guideline.
- Saginaw County Resident
- Must be unemployed
- Must have a strong support system
- Must be motivated (must have obtained GED or high school diploma, and either taken a self-enrichment class, have goals and can articulate them, or volunteered somewhere)
- Must be a problem-solver (able to make decisions)
To apply for service, bring:
For an appointment, further information, or assistance, call 989-753-7741 or CLICK HERE to email Dreamcatchers for Life. The office is located at 2824 Perkins Street.
- State of Michigan Picture ID
- Social Security cards for all member of household
- Proof of income
- Copy of Diploma/GED